HAND TUFTED FACT FACTORY
Your specially chosen handmade rug is crafted with utmost finesse. Every detail down to the last tuft, is meticulously checked before being delivered to your doorstep. Here are a few facts about your bespoke hand tufted rug –
- The process for creating a luxury designer hand tufted rug requires a special kind of expertise. It banks on creativity and skill of the rug artisan in terms of tuft placement and design.
- The tufting technique resembles handcrafted embroidery where in a pattern is traced on to a cloth and the thread work follows.
- Hand tufted rugs are created by looping the yarn through a sheeted cloth material, stretched on a frame on which the pattern has been printed.
- The yarn is looped through with the help of a hand operated tool.
- Typically a bespoke hand tufted rug takes from 4 to 8 weeks to produce depending on the complexity of the design.
- Variations in the weave is possible by having a cut pile, loop pile or a combination of both.
- The pile height can be varied at the time of tufting.